Here is the long-awaited part two of my repurposed jean look.
The jeans were a little bit baggy and long so I decided to equally measure out a few inches on both pant legs
I then pulled out a few seams to give the jeans a fringed look.
The jeans still seemed very baggy so I tried to use a sewing machine to alter them…
I started this process by putting on the jeans inside out and marking how tapered I wanted them to be.
I then threaded a sewing machine and sewed along the line that I had drawn. One of the legs turned out fine, but Chris and I quickly realized the needle broke and the machine had become unthreaded.
We tried over and over again to try and rethread the machine and use different needles, but nothing seemed to work.. 😦
After becoming exceedingly frustrated, I found that the best solution was to simply cut the jeans into shorts.
Final look after cutting them and giving them one small cuff!